When I first started working out, and trying to live healthy, it was just so overwhelming and I was going in it blind. I had no idea where to start. I knew I should do cardio, but for how long? How high of intensity? I was so lost. So, I have put together my top 10 workout tips that I wish I would have known when starting out. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
In no particular order:
- Do not start working out 7 days a week and restricting massive calories. SLOW DOWN. Start off gradually, and work your way up!
- 3-4 days a week, high intensity, 20-30 min workouts are a good way to start.
- Never work out the same body part two days in a row – your muscle fibers need time to repair
- Cardio workouts burn calories WHILE your doing the workout while strength training and lifting weights continue to burn calories hours after your done working out.
- Do not workout until 30 min after you have eaten and do not eat (especially carbs) 30 min after
- Switch it up… If you find yourself plateauing, then you need to switch up your workout. Example: Instead of doing cardio before strength training, do it after. Change the exercises you are doing – if you are always using a cable, switch to weights.
- EAT YOUR PROTIEN
- Don’t over do. Burnout is a serious thing.
- Eating not enough calories is as bad as eating too many. If you are not eating enough, your body will burn lean muscle and not fat. That is BAD!
- Less is more. If you can do 100 reps of a particular exercise, that’s to much. Add weights or some kind of resistance (like a band or cable).